Help Me Relocate
Request Relocation Packet
Director of Relocation
* Information and community package
* Coordination of home finding trips
* Selection of trained and certified realtors
* Area Tours
* Monitor and follow-up on home finding trips
Home Marketing and Inventory Properties
* Relocation counseling
* Coordinate listing with a trained and certified agent for your market area
* Professional market analysis
* Monitoring of the activity on the property
* Vendor management for repairs and improvement
* Narrative presentation of communities locally or at the origination site
* Market area materials for your resource center
* Develop and facilitate an appropriate tour for groups visiting the area
* Overview tour and area orientation
* Property viewing
* Lease negotiation
* Temporary housing services
[top of page
Determining the cost-of-living difference between your current and new location is an essential step toward a smooth transition. Our Relocation Specialists will provide you with a comprehensive analysis report comparing housing, transportation, groceries, taxes, health
services, as well as other miscellaneous living expenses.
Cost of Living Calculator
Current School Information
Signature Properties knows the important role a school district can play in your choice of location. We will help to assure you make an informed decision by providing you with the School Report, a detailed guide from the National School Reporting Services. This report provides information on district size, school programs, extracurricular programs, interscholastic sports, statistical information such as average SAT and ACT scores, a personnel directory, as well as bulletins from the schools. Local Schools
As a client of Signature Properties, you can take advantage of our Concierge Program which will save you time, effort, worries, and money. Let us handle the details of the move that might otherwise be overlooked and troublesome.
Mortgage Information and Pre-Qualification
We, at Signature Properties, would like to help make your relocation to the area a convenient, stress-free, and pleasurable experience. We will work long and hard preparing for your arrival so that you can relax and look forward to all the opportunities your new community has to offer.
The house of your dreams is here waiting for you
Your time is valuable, so we preview properties to ensure every home you see meets your specific requirements. Our real estate professionals are experts on Elmira-Corning and the surrounding areas. With our knowledge and experience working for you, you will find the house of your dreams in no time.
The possibilities are endless
The Finger Lakes region is rich in culture and opportunities. We will give you a personalized tour to familiarize you with all your new community has to offer, including schools, parks, landmarks, shopping and entertainment. With our help, you will soon feel at home in the Southern Tier of New York.
Put our knowledge to work for you
At Signature Properties, we have the expertise to guide you smoothly through the entire relocation process. We know the real estate requirements specific to the area and we will take care of all the necessary details. From the first contract negotiation to the day you hold the keys in your hand, you can count on us to be there every step of the way as your devoted friend and advocate.
[top of page]
Our Relocation Team
Whether it's a move down the street, to another city, or another part of the world, our Relocation Team remains focused on your big picture while providing a comprehensive, high-quality experience every step of the way.
In her role as Director of Relocation, Helene has a commitment to customer satisfaction and the belief that "perception is reality." Her uncompromising dedication to quality drives the team to see what others may miss, thereby promoting world-class service. She works collectively with the Relocation Team to ensure a successful experience for every client. Helene knows first hand what an emotional time a transfer can be on a family as she has experienced several corporate transfers herself.
For a free comprehensive relocation packet, please send an email with your name, phone number and mailing address to SProperties@stny.rr.com
, or, feel free to call our office at: 607-731.4303
for Immediate Assistance.
Marketing Assistance – Employees planning to relocate will first meet with a Preferred Relocation Specialist selected to best fit their needs. The broker will then assess the property's value by preparing an extensive BMA and determine the right marketing strategy for the sale of your home.
Home Finding Assistance – Employees who are moving into the area will meet with a Preferred Relocation Specialist selected to best fit their needs. Our agent will assess their housing needs, accommodating price, style and lifestyle as well as future resale aptitude of the home. We also advise clients with short-term investment goals as most relocating employees are likely to relocate again within three to five years.
Orientation Area and Rental Tours - We understand that moving to a new city is simultaneously exciting, fun, and daunting. In an effort to reduce the unknown factors, we offer Orientation Tours tailored to your personal needs within your new neighborhood. Tours often include, but are not limited to, area amenities (restaurants, boutiques, cafes, golf courses, grocery stores, etc.), schools and local attractions.
For those clients who do not wish to purchase a home, or are waiting to purchase a property, we offer Rental Tours (homes and/or apartment communities) planned to best fit your lifestyle.
BMAs – Our experienced brokers are qualified to complete a thorough and accurate property analysis within the local market. Whether the BMA is required for marketing or destination purposes, our preferred brokers are ready to exceed your expectations.
Signature Properties Real Estate is proud to offer Relocation Specialists who have proven experience in the market, excellent communication skills, and have completed extensive relocation training. The combined experience, talent, resources, and detailed knowledge of the market make our relocation team highly-qualified to make your move to the the Southern Tier of New York comfortable and successful.
To obtain more information about our team of Relocation Specialists and how they can help you make a successful and comfortable move, please contact our Relocation Team at SProperties@stny.rr.com
or simply call us at 607-796-9817.
[top of page]
Communication is key when relocating your family. Be sure to communicate as openly as possible with ALL members of the family – even young children benefit from explanation of and involvement in what is happening. Be sure to keep your extended family informed as well.
When planning to move, it is beneficial to determine which items should make the journey with you. Identify those household furnishings, clothing, items in the garage, attic or basement that you no longer need/want. You may want to have a garage sale, donate to charity or discard those items. After all, you don't want to ship those items you no longer want/need as the cost of moving is based on weight and mileage.
Gather important records, valuables and jewelry.
DO NOT pack birth certificates, medical and tax records, passports, marriage certificates, etc. with your household goods. Instead, keep them in one spot with you or send them via air with a reputable company with tracking capabilities. Also keep jewelry with you or ship it by bonded carrier – fully insured. (This method will require an itemized inventory and likely appraisal certificates.)
Many movers will provide "welcome home" boxes and stickers for the big move. However, if you are moving by yourself you will want to keep the following tips in mind. Be sure to mark a couple of boxes as "Welcome Home" or "Last Packed/First Unpacked"that include items for immediate use upon arrival. For example:bed linens, shower curtains, towels, soap and other toiletries, a few kitchen utilities, basic tools, and a few privacy materials (i.e., curtains or shades).
Most moving companies will NOT ship houseplants. They cannot be responsible for the condition of the plants in the back of a moving truck that is not temperature controlled. If you have hardy plants and can pre-pack them in boxes, you may have a better chance in moving them.
And of course, it is always a good idea to start early and try to avoid procrastination.
You have found the perfect home. The children have chosen bedrooms and the dog has settled in by the fireplace. It's time to move your household furnishings. Who do you turn to? Let Signature Properties Real Estate help you with the details.
Pets and Travel
When relocating your family, don't forget the needs of the family pet. Most animals thrive on routine, and when boxes, tape and people begin to arrive at the home, the family pet may begin to feel stressed. Here are a few tips to help:
- Try to keep your pet as close to normal routine as possible: feeding times, walks, play time, etc. In fact, more play time and attention may be required.
- Summer is the most popular time for relocating, but the temperatures can take a toll on your pet. If you plan to relocate your animal on an airplane you will need to remember:
- Your pet must have current vaccinations (and proof of vaccination).
- Have your family vet assess your pet's general health and age to make sure it is safe for your animal to fly.
- Airlines limit the number of animals allowed on the airplane, so call the airline to make advance reservations for your pet.
- The cargo hold of a plane is NOT temperature or pressure controlled; It may be necessary to leave on the earliest flight when temperatures are coolest.
- The van line cannot move your pet: fish, iguana, hamster, etc.
- When driving with your pet try some of these:
- Be sure to bring along a favorite toy, sleeping blanket, etc.
- Many hotels now offer accommodations for pets, so be sure to check them out on-line.
- Make frequent stops to let your pet out to stretch it's legs – this is a great idea for you too!
- Keep your pet (and yourself) well hydrated.
- When you arrive at your destination, allow your pet plenty of time to check out your new home before the furniture arrives, then again, once the furniture arrives.
- Be sure to be patient and loving with your pet(s) as they have not the ability to reason and understand what just happened like you do!
[top of page